Creativity : The act of a single thought combined with imagination and human intervention resulting in the reality of an idea.


" Man !!!...that's the 5th friggin' pencil this week !!."
Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 6, 2007

New perspectives are often the hardest ones to see.


Hey all and once again I feel a need to bring to the board another slant on a issue most of us deal with. Over the past month or so, I've dealt with what I thought was a lack of time to toon issue.

In recent days,I've come to realize that it was fear.Fear of the very rejection that all cartoonists dread and yet utilize to make them a better artist. Fear of a rejection from face-less people I most likely would never meet. A fear that I wouldn't have what it takes to make it ..and land flat on my face. Through the 'point-blank' honesty of a fellow tooner who offered a bent ear and painted a different picture of what I always believed to be a 'routine' occupation. I did manage to come to terms with it and stop tagging it as a ' no time ' thing.

Put the fear on the back burner and just do it. Right or wrong...good or bad...chance or not one in a million years..who knows?? I DO know this: I have this God-given talent and it would be a shame to waste it on doubt and fear. I am a cartoonist and a very good one at that. Trouble is...the world doesn't know it yet...that willl change.
Take care everyone and please..post your take on this.Talking about it helps.......I know.


Thanks Mike


















































































No comments:

" My NOT So Prolific Profile"

My photo
Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
I draw,I cook,I fix things,I ride my motorcycle and work my tail off. I run my website, Komik Strip Kartoonz for the sheer enjoyment of it. I do daytrips, and like to try new places to eat. I like sci-fi..reading books when time permits, and catching an occassional movie every now and then. Over all, I have the attention span of a teetsy-fly and need to do all this stuff to keep myself from slipping into a catatonic state and drooling all over my clothes.

Board Discussions